Two German people are supposed to come to my house tomorrow. My family is a little nervous about welcoming them. We have never accommodated foreigners, so we don't know how to provide for them. They are members of Jazzchor Freiburg, which plans to do their concert tour in Shikoku, which is the smallest island of the four big islands of Japan.
I looked for some information on the favorite dishes for foreigners who recently visited Japan. The result was unbelievable for me. Okonomiyaki, Takoyaki, Ramen, Udon,,, ,these are not bad, but very cheap. I wondered why they didn't want to eat Japanese traditional dishes like Kaiseki, which is though a little expensive.
I ascertained their schedule. They'll hold the concert at first in Kochi prefecture, which is on the Pacific coast. They will have Sahachi, Kochi's local dish, which consists of various fish from the Pacific Ocean. After the concert in Ehime, they will move to Kagawa prefecture, which is well-known as the "Udon Country" across Japan. We omitted seafood and noodles from our menu. After so much thinking, we were at a loss, and finally we chose the easiest plan; broiled meat in the garden.
Next, we prepared a Japanese-style room for them. It has a tatami and an alcove where art or flowers are displayed, and would be interesting to them.
Anyway, we are really worried or frightened about them, because we are eager to make them happy but we don't know what they want to do and see here in Matsuyama. My wife will take a half day leave tomorrow. She'll start preparing dishes from noon. A and I will go to the City Hall to pick them up. Both anxiety and expectation that we'll have a good time lie in my mind.
- reception 歓迎会, 祝賀会, (結婚などの) 披露宴; 歓迎, 出迎え, もてなし
- provide …を提供する, 供給する, 用意する
- The university should provide more facilities for disabled students. 大学側は障害のある学生のための設備をもっと増やすべきだ．
- provide sth for sb ＜人＞に＜…＞を提供する
- Free parking is provided for hotel guests. ホテルにご宿泊のかたは無料駐車場をご利用いただけます．
- provide sb with sth ＜人＞に＜…＞を提供する
- We were provided with food and drink. 食べ物と飲み物を出してくれた．
- provide sth to sb ＜人＞に＜…＞を提供する
- The water company provides services to eight million people. その水道会社は800万人に水道用水を供給している．
- at a loss 途方に暮れて
- alcove アルコーブ (壁の一部を入り込ませた空間)