Today's CNN broadcast the heat wave of Europe. The screen showed people diving into a pool or river. My daughter, who is living in Germany, often sends me e-mails saying that it's severely hot. The picture shows my dog, Mocha, lying on the stone yard. Cool stones would make him comfortable in the shade of the trees.
My wife asked me to clean up the kennel, but I wasn't inclined to do anything outside. The highest temperature of today was 30 degrees C. In Russia, it reportedly was 38 degrees C! Judging from the usual climate, there seems to be lots of houses that aren't equipped with an air-conditioner. It's understandable for people to gather around the edge of the water.
As the sun was setting, I looked out and took pictures of Mocha. He was still lying on the stone slabs. Finally I started cleaning up the kennel all in a sweat.
- blistering heat 酷暑
- incline sb to do sth ＜人＞を＜…＞する気にさせる
- His behavior inclined me to believe he was drunk. 言動から，彼は酔っているのだろうと思った．
- not have a lot of incentive to あまり～する気にならない
- not feel up to going out tonight 今夜は出掛ける気にならない
- be not inclined to go somewhere else 他のどこにも行く気にならない
- the edge of the water 水辺
- slab (コンクリート・石材などの) 平板, 厚板
- a concrete slab コンクリート板
- all in a sweat 汗だくになって